Saturday, October 17, 2009

Google is updating their search result pages

Posted on 1:22 AM by programlover









Hi,



Over the past week I've been noticing odd changes on Google search results. The changes are not only with my websites but some of my clients' website along with other members on this forum.



You may not see any changes yourself but if you're tracking your Google referrals, you should notice your ranking is whisking from page to page. According to my logs, I'm seeing some keywords shoot from page 20 to page 2 and vice versa.



It seems they are updating their search results in some servers. I cannot get hold of any Datacentre IPs right now. It is possible they are slowly incorporating the caffeine algo to the live search.



For more proof, take a look at some recent DP threads:



why my sites removed from google the first 5 search page?

Why my site down in google

Google traffic dropped from 35K to 1K.. Is it normal?

Site ranking gone down from 2nd page to 50th page - Is it Sandbox effect

Ranking suddenly get down!



I'm trying to get hold of the IP of these new servers. If I have any luck, I will update you guys. I'm sensing these changes will become more frequent some time during the next few weeks.



I hope your websites do well. Good Luck



~ DiscJockey