Sunday, November 15, 2009

How Steve Porter from BloggingMaster scammed me and stole me $497

Posted on 1:56 PM by programlover









Hi,



For those considering using any service from Steve Porter from Blogging Master, STAY AWAY ! Here is what happened to me.



Some time ago I was really into blogging and black hat marketing, and I found blogging master to be very appealing, but unfortunately VERY expensive. However, I found another bloggingmaster offer called the "BloggingMaster Club" (which seems to be down now !). Basically this was a - very expensive - subscription based program where Steve Porter and his team offered to build your entire blog network with the BloggingMaster program, and do a lot of auto-promotion with the built-in tools of the program. So I took up on the offer and decided to go for the $497 monthly subscription for a 1000 blogs network.



I paid via Google checkout and Stever Porter at first was very responsive. He said I had to purchase my domain names and then update the dns to his servers. So I spent countless hours looking for 100 good .info domain names, and then countless hours looking for 1000 good subdomains for these domains. I also sent Steve Porter the specific instructions he needed to build the network, and exchanged a few more emails with him until he asked me to update my dns so he can upload the blogs. According to him the blog network had been built completely locally, and was ready to be moved to my domains.



I updated my dns and after some time Steve Porter said that something was wrong with GoDaddy, and that although the dns had been updated properly, he couldn't make it work. So he said he would create a new server "just for me". And he asked me to update my dns again. I did. Between every email we would exchange, a lot of time would pass, like one week, two weeks, three weeks...



And some day this guy sends me an email saying that he would like to talk on the phone because a "problem had occurred with Google checkout". I don't really see what problem could have occurred since I had already paid the huge $497 subscription (for the first month), and he said he would obviously not charge me another month before 30 days have passed after my network is live. But anyway I told him that it was more convenient for me to use an instant messenger - any IM would do it - because I am not an english speaker and I am definitely not comfortable on the phone.



From this day I never heard from him again. I tried everything, sent him like a dozen emails to all his email accounts, contacted him through Google checkout, but nothing. And then I understood... this f...ing scammer lied to me for 3 months and bought some time because after 3 months, you're basically fucked. You can't get a chargeback from your bank, you can't get a refund from Google checkout... You can't do shit. Total cost of the operation: dozens of hours of my time, $200 worth of domain names, $497 BloggingMaster subscription.



So as I promised to this douchebag, the least I can do is try to spread the information so that nobody else falls in the trap, and if someone has an idea to help me get back what this guy owes me... please let me know. Oh and it would be great if people could comment about this and keep this thread alive so that when people look for bloggingmaster or Steve Porter, they find this thread and see what a liar and a thief he is.



Thank you all !



Thomas