Sunday, October 18, 2009

Confessions of a directory owner...

Posted on 1:51 AM by programlover









If you have joined free directories and invested countless hours creating listings as a part of you link building campaign then read this:



#1 I (the directory owner) can't feed a bird in my backyard on a free listing.



2. If you are just grabbing directory freebies and never intend to pay me a penny I assure you will lose 100% of your time invested on my sites.



3. Most broad category directories are pretty much worthless. Niche directories are hundreds of times more useful because the content of the entire directory is keyword rich. A directory that is listed on the first page of Google are truly valuable. Others sites lost in cyberspace are nearly worthless.



4. I can change or dump or throw a no follow tag on your listing and you can't say jack. I see every keystroke that someone makes. I can ban anyone I want for life with a single click.



5. If you pay me my modest directory fee. You could talk me into me giving you a listing for life. I also can be be your friend and can give you priceless advice and help make you a "player" in my master network. (I have over 6,000 direct contacts in my groups).



6. If you think working for free is a good idea... then great, your hired.



7. When you get a free link from someones blog, directory or other source the site owner will eventually cut you off at the knees because you don't care a hoot about them.



8. You are much better off with a reciprocal business relationship. When you pay someone the other guy wants to make YOU happy... that give YOU power and the respect you deserve!