Wednesday, October 28, 2009

[Rules] Is there a way to minimize or limit...

Posted on 12:21 AM by programlover









Is there a way to minimize or limit country/region-specific posts that only a certain country/region are able to relate to?



I'm talking about threads that the rest of the world are unable to participate in, like for example:

Who Is Most Sexy - Kareena Or Katrina?

Who bollywood Hero is Most Famous ?

Who Likes Bhangra Music??



It's obviously only targeted to those people who know who Kareena & Katrina are, or are exposed to bollywood stars..

& Honestly, there's really a lot of these kinds of threads, & I'm not talking about a specific country alone (all countries will be affected for this matter, there's no bias or racism involved -grabbed those threads as an example coz they were the first ones I saw that helped me make my point).



Can't we just stick more to international discussions? (An exception for Sports probably since teams will always be representing countries & competing against other countries - & Perhaps also anything webmaster-related)



I know it's not unfair coz I can always make my own country-specific threads anytime, but that's not really what I want.



It's just that, when there's too many of those threads it just encourages users to make more, & they don't even bother explaining who these people are on their threads. It's like they immediately assume that everyone knows what they're talking about.



& Even in threads like: "What are your favorite movies?", Even though I have favorites that are local movies in my country, I never list them down because I'm thinking everyone else in the forum have probably never heard of "Bata Bata Paano Ka Ginawa?" < & I'm sure that title just looks weird to you all, so I only make sure to answer international movies which everyone can discuss.

Yet they answer away with titles that are foreign which I can hardly pronounce, & it's almost every other post, just kills the purpose of the thread (for the rest of the world that is).



How would you feel if the forum was just full of threads that are Filipino stuff, which only Filipinos are able to relate to?

Most of you probably don't mind but I really don't think it should be encouraged any further.